After a lull during the summer, there is a huge upswing in phishing attacks, now on Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Yahoo mail, and others. Read the complete story at: http://lastwatchdog.com/unstoppable-phishing-attacks-blanket-facebook-twitter/
Here’s an interesting article in the BBC’s technical web section: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/8297237.stm The gist is this – Iceland has more electricity than it can use, and its produced from geothermal, so there’s no carbon produced by making it. Plus, the cool temperatures can help keep all those servers cool with no air-conditioning costs. Iceland is busy […]
A business blog is a business communication medium that presents pictures, videos, links to other websites, and eMail accounts in a conversational approach.
Use the DNS servers at OpenDNS for both your personal and business computers. It will dramatically decrease the chances that your computer will visit a “bad site.” This means less chance of identity theft or drive-by browser infections.
Internet Safety For Kids We don’t need to stoke the fires of paranoia. Who hasn’t heard enough stories about the dangers lurking out there for kids on the Internet. That said, some accurate information goes a long way towards helping kids safer when they’re parked in front of the browser. SafeKids.com NetSmartz.org The FBI has […]
Internet Speed Test Gizmos Here’s a group of links for measuring your bandwidth. Most of them use either Flash, Java or Active-X http://www.speedtest.net http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ http://www.dslreports.com/stest http://www.cruzio.com
Ack! I have a virus! OK. Don’t panic, at least too much. We work a lot with PCs that “just aren’t running right.” All too often, it’s because there’s software that has gotten itself installed that you don’t want. Here’s some free tools for removing the bad stuff. In each case, these companies are providing […]
Computer Studios is now offering business phone services. The industry buzzword is “Unified Communications” because we’re combining phones, email, voice mail, faxes and more. We have a completely hosted phone system offering – click here for all the info!
- Xerox Printer August 17, 2009
- How to lower my carbon footprint – move all the servers to Iceland. October 25, 2009
- Phishing attacks rampant on Facebook, Twitter, gmail, others October 29, 2009
- Feds crack multi-million scareware ring June 25, 2011
- What to do when you’ve made a mistake in social media. November 8, 2011
- We’ve been right all along – multi-word passwords are best! August 15, 2017
- Check to see if your identity information has been lost in data breaches. Have you been pwned? May 16, 2017
- After Receiving 65,000 Complaints, Microsoft Files Suit Against Tech Support Scammers December 21, 2014
- What is a browser? March 6, 2014
- Don’t get CryptoLocker virus November 26, 2013